WHAT IS FINANCIALIZATION?
- Finance is the management of money. “Financialization” refers to the increasing power of finance over the economy.
- The financial industry’s share of the overall economy has tripled since World War II. The financial sector — Wall Street — finds a way to extract profit from every facet of our lives, our housing, our health, our education, and even our water.
- Letting finance write the rules and dominate the economy harms the rest of us. Rather than channeling investments to projects that support jobs, families and communities, Wall Street executives and money managers are buying our elected leaders and rigging the rules in their favor in order to extract wealth from communities.
- Wealth extraction in a financialized economy is not color blind. Wall Street targets communities of color, and especially women of color, for everything from predatory loans to higher rents to mass incarceration.
- Financial executives often take a short-term “take the money and run” approach, which leads to booms and busts and makes our entire economy more unstable.
2 days ago RT @4TaxFairness: The President of the United States said TAX 👏 THE 👏 BILLIONAIRES 👏 "Where is it written that all the tax breaks go to co…
2 days ago What she said. https://t.co/iSwcPoAX7O
2 days ago RT @iteptweets: How is it possible that 55 corps avoided taxes? Check out: https://t.co/nWzM0Gzhqf or https://t.co/VjdDWGgX4h https://t.…
2 days ago If you're looking for some good news heading into the weekend. https://t.co/GXQDsdIQb4
2 days ago RT @StopMoneyPipe: BREAKING: @XR_NYC is staging arrestable actions at several bank HQ's around NYC calling on @jpmorgan @BankofAmerica and…